Friday, December 2, 2016

JUST HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH / REALLY!

My good and Late Friend Ralph Turner confided more than once "The only money you will ever have, Bob, will be the money you spend!" Also, some are of the opinion they will take it with them. In this age of Gimme Gimme some folks just can't get enough of the wrong stuff!


The smart people, in my opinion are those who live simply. It is nice to haave parakeets in a cage or a fishbowl of exotic fish but to have enough food in the pantry for year seems absurd. As an auctioneer I have witnessed the spoils of death! canning jars full of tomatoes canned in 1955! Waste not, want not. "Some day we may need it" save it?!


Same with clothing. We are gagging on "Wardrobes without meaning." Yes, I'm guilty as many.. and now at age 74 I seeing the light. TJ MAXX feeds on impulse clothes buying and other junk. "No more, I say!" Thrift Stores satisfy our wants and needs. Why pay more?




A new festive necktie of mine made its debut today. Folks like it.. so do I!


Toasted tuna fish sandwiches satisfied my hunger along with Bartlett  pears in syrup. I try to eat to live not live to eat! 183.5 lbs was my morning-weigh in. Two new DUNLOP 17" tires for black my Rhonda Honda $255 Tax Included. George Tire Place, Route 67, Warren, Mass. Safety, safety, safety. I take pride in my overall appearances.




For now, that's it. Surprisingly, clouds and moderate temperatures prevail.


'See You In September!'  LOL


Very truly yours,






ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Chief Blogger-in-Charge
West Brookfield, Mass
December 2, 2016
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment