Tuesday, December 13, 2016

THE ANEMOMETERS IN MY LIFE

Old Ben Franklin is quoted as saying "Some folks in life are weatherwise but most folks are otherwise!' What are you? LOL


I was in the 8th grade at St. Joseph School when meteorology  came into my life, BIG TIME! Dad was weatherwise and so was I. I aspired to be a Don Kent. I saved my pennies with a $50 Christmas Club. (Today's purchasing power is about $430 yet I knew what I wanted; a new brass-cased "wind thing."












 My Cape Cod!





Cape Cod Wind and Weather Indicators featured them at their Harwich Port store and and I wanted one and I got one! Dad was enthused with my purchase and my interest! In father to son, our enthusiasms grew as the weather got worse. Our lives really came alive with the portending storm. I was encouraged to write my Weather Journals!


Since then to now, winter weather really turns me on. I love it. As the North Winds howl, I howl with approval. Many folks dwell on how bad it is going to get.I am just the opposite! The worst.. the better! Romance in the storm.


For the better part of my years, winter weather, from the Gale-force winds at 33  Birch Hill Road to the Super-Gale force winds of 53 Birch Hill Road, West Brookfield. MA, I welcome a new season of storms, of snow, of sleet and yes, of SPRING. But you must remember... we must all endure our winters!


Yes, my snowbird friends enjoy the smell of grass being mowed in January.. but there's nothing more beautiful than "a fire gently burning, supper on the stove and Santa Claus coming down the chimney!"



















No comments:

Post a Comment