Friday, December 30, 2016

TAKING THE GOOD WITH THE BAD

Screwing up seems to be part of everyone's life. For two days in a row I spilled my hot coffee on my Honda's console. Last night a Dream Machine Sony radio fell from a window sill in my kitchen...then late into the night a three legged  LED flashlight bit the dust scurrying batteries all around.


One of my favorite screw-ups came in 1970 while living in North Brookfield, Mass. The top of a giant spruce tree had died. I decided to climb to the top and cut off the tip at 12 inches. It was a daring move. As I leaned the dead remains to fall something magical happened! The darned tree tumbled below crashing onto a carriage shed roof! What a Dummy, I thought!


I think all of life can have its foolish moments. Yes, we are clumsy.. yes, we don't think things through and yes we have accidents. The morale of this blog is Never be in a hurry to make your next mistake as you will make it anyway! Have a nice day.. but be careful! LOL
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment