Monday, December 26, 2016

MY PHD ESTATE AUCTION FOR MERIBETH E.CAMERON,PHD

It was all about PhDs and I rose to the occasion! A former Chinese History professor at Mount Holyoke College, Meribeth E. Cameron's estate coupled with Mary Sumner Benson's American History estate challenged me, big time! After some pondering I decided an "On Site Estate Auction" would prove to be best for my client, Shawmut Trust - Springfield, MA & Whiting Houston T.O.


Ashfield Lane, South Hadley, was my recommendation for this October 4, 1997 auction site.The Ranch House would serve as my portable museum.Each room has a specialty i.e. American historic documents, Chinese silks, Bone china, Canadian souvenirs and Civil War documents from the Benson Estate. Because I know what I am doing, this estate auction proved to be FUN! I felt the artifacts would move the spirits of the bidders and they did.


Proper Preparing Prevents Poor Performance! I took the challenge to heart and scored many victories on Auction Day. If Enterprise is defined as creating a customer,
that I did in finding my buyer of CW Documents by a Pomona College founder (Charles Burt Sumner) in California for $1,250. Advertising in The World Journal, Boston, saw my ad translated into Chinese! The circulation of 37,000 brought me a silk buyer forever $1,175.00.


My marketing was intense. I featured a photograph of one Robert Frost and Dr. Cameron in the Springfield newspaper! Over 80 auction catalogs were handed out on the Friday preview.Yankee Magazine reporter  John Fleishman came but no story! The story was in how gratifies I was in my endeavor.


Dr. Cameron story can be found on Wikipedia and my story is the wonderful estate auction. William B. Faherty, S.J. gave me my grade :A++. Father Faherty, too, guided me to a Dr. Miller at St. Louis U. who, too, majored in Chinese Studies. I think it wasd a team effort, through and through! SOLD!







No comments:

Post a Comment