Sunday, October 21, 2018

WORLD SERIES TICKET FRENZY IN BOSTON

The stage has been set: LOS ANGELES DODGERS VERSUS THE BOSTON RED SOX!


Frenzy is defined as  mania, delirium, hysteria, fury, inspiration, afflatus!

If we take the reason of SUPPLY VERSUS DEMAND.. the truth isfanaticism will prevail. Zealots will lose all sense of reality. I know this as I paid $700 for two Playoff Tickets at Fenway in 1986.
 
With things going the way in the World today, WORLD SERIES  ticket prices will make grown men cry.
 
VIVID SEATS is offering four Dugout seats Row 3 for $11,991...
I repeat ELEVEN THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED NINETY ONE DOLLARS.
 
The caveat is be on the lookout for FAKE tickets.
 
The excitement of attending a World Series is difficult to explain. In 1964 while a student at Saint Louis U.. me and Bill Gross climbed a billboard
overlooking Sportsman Park to view & catch the excitement of it all.
 
The next day I was credentialed to serve as an Associated Press Runner for Paul Vathis.. the man who won the Pulitzer Prize in photography 1961 "Kennedy and Eisenhower at Camp David. I worked 3 games for Mr. Vathis running Kodak Ekrachrome  films back to the darkroom.
 
All hell broke loose when the Cardinals won the Series to become WORLD CHAMPS. Saint Louis exploded with horns blaring and Budweiser flowing.
 
I attended the 1968 World Series in Saint Louis at the new Busch Stadium. Detroit's DennyMcLain won 31 games that year. I witnessed the organ playing McLain at a bar the night before with two ladies in his arms.
 
The 1986 World Series in Saint Louis was to kill for. Dick Fuller was instrumental in my buying 4 tickets through Arthur Pappas, MD for face value. This one event was the crowning experience of my life with sons Ben & Josh.
 
The best advice I can give was that given to me: "EXPLOIT YOUR CONTACTS!" You never know who'll come through with your tickets.
 
If I had one million dollars to my name I wouldn't pay one additional dollar premium. You never know! "SEEK AND YE SHALL FIND!"
 
GOOD LUCK!
 
"TICKETS!"
 
BOBBY POTVIN
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
St. Louis U.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment