Friday, October 12, 2018

TELEGRAM.COM

About March 7, 2007 I embarked upon a voyage as your Blogger! Since then I delight in sharing my opinions, facts and criticisms, For me it has been fun! Blogging is an integral part of my existence.

Initially I saved copies of your e-mails. My archives are important to me. Some e-mails come from Judy in the Land of Enchantment, Florida, Nebraska from Buddy Small and a slew of others.

For years I worked with Miles Prunier @ telegram.com. Now I share such an e-mail:

 "Bob," It's been too long since I said this: I love your writing and your pictures are just terrific!"

Another such comment from a reader:

I absolutely love this blogger, Always upbeat and sharing his hobbies, loves, adventures and all. When he is delighted over family, friends, neighborhoods, his cars, the experiences come alive to us readers. I want to say thank you. Love following your life."

Anon

I take these two unsolicited comments as my grades of achievement!

Never excelled in typing "F" from Miss Burke at NBHS and one from Dr. Paul Steinbicker, professor at St. Louis University, commenting on a term paper of 20 pages:

"Very poorly written though you covered most of the facts." C" = Average Attainment. I took the good professor three times: 1. American Party Politics 2. Public Administration 3. State Governments. I consistently achieved "Cs".

In my final course with the PhD he confessed "There's nothing wrong with a C grade, Potvin"  My grades overall were "Cs." Not once in over 50 years has anybody commented about my academic achievements! MY FINAL GRADE REPORT CARD STATES "Bachelor of Science Conferred Feb 7, 1965! The mere fact that I didn't quit summarizes the gist of a university education.

I have always maintained "It isn't what I learned in the classrooms that counted.. it's what I learned in the St. Louis environment on the streets that counted from observing the ghetto surrounding the Frost Campus to working at the 1964 World Series at Busch Stadium to asking LBJ for his suit pocket handkerchief!

My life is good despite some of the "Good opinions of other people."

My life is one of Adventure. GAME ON!

Your man in Black,

"POTVIN!"
 
 
BOBBY & MOTHER RITA
 
 
NEED A MENTAL SHAMPOO?
FUNNY LBJ
 
I'm with the hood between the D & Y 2/14/ 1964 St. Louis U.
SAINT LOUIS UNIVERSITY
 
YOU GOT IT!
 
BROOKFIELD, MA C. 1903
 
BIG GIRLS DON'T CRY!
 
HEED THIS ADVICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment