Thursday, October 25, 2018

A "CATCH MY BREATH" THURSDAY

Doing fine.. just getting caught up on things.

My trip to Worcester was good. I accomplished all I set out to do. First to the VA for a pain-relief pill . Arthur-itis, you know.

I did notice three panhandlers on the Worcester Streets today. Plus, The New York Times has a guest column: Homelessness is everyone's business. Well put. Too bad the Capitalists in America don't see thinGA a they really are. America is "money-driven" and the juggernaut of prosperity leaves the less fortunate on the streets begging.

On PArk Avenue I took the time to speak with such a person.. a 55 year old who I gave a couple of bucks to. hearing this person's plight tells me Americans don't give a shit and in turn the homeless in San Francisco shit all over the Streets.

Service organizations are missing the boat in ignoring the homeless. The media has a thwarted view of those good people down on their luck. It seems President Jimmy Carter is the only leader that responded to the call with his Habitat for Humanity  program. We are cold to those who endure the cold now that winter is knocking at our door.

I see the institutions with can good drives. This is reasonably absurd. Heck, I got some goods today from VETERANS,INC in Worcester. Sad to say, Vietnam Veterans are now old men... many of which continue to experience hard times.

As I see things it is all about ATTITUDE. Lip service just won't do. We need reform on the highest order. Corporate America is challenged by the truth of the matter: NOBODY CARES!

I went about my Worcester Business by stopping off at the American Antiquarian Society and visited with head librarian, Elizabeth Watts Pope. I showed "Liz" some of my proof materials on THE MUSINGS OF A COUNTRY AUCTIONEER .. my book-in the making. Ideas abound with the AAS as they are the best in garnering Brookfield history. So..
stay tuned.

Now I go to Quaboaaaaaaaag HS to see Chase compete in Soccer.

Good football weather.

REMEMBER THOSE ON THE STREETS OF AMERICA BEGGING. THEY ARE THE WARRIORS IN OUR SOCIETY!

RLP

No comments:

Post a Comment