Wednesday, October 17, 2018

CASEY KASEM REDUX

There could never be a more familiar radio voice than that of the Late Casey Kasem!

Son Ben latched onto American Top 10 in the early 1980's and has been a loyal listener ever since. Casey even called me once.. " Hello Bob, this is Casey Kasem calling from Hollywood!" WOW. As it was I never received a hit record from him after my Long Distance Dedication was read on the air ON over 800 plus radio stations around the Globe!

My interest magnified big time when Ben alerted me of a LDD to be heard on the air on Febraury 4, 2006. High atop the Charlton hill I tuned into WBMW=FM 106.5 from Naugatuck, CT and heard Ben's heart-touching story of our relationship.. father to son. My heart fluttered with approval as the tears rolled down my cheeks!

A year later, "Old Bob" composed a dedication of how I enjoyed pop music 50 years after playing 45s at each noon at NBHS. My friends danced to Buddy Holly and others. I recounted the great events of my music life and, yes,Casey "'told the world" about my exploits at North Brookfield High School ETC.

Next came a dedication read on 7/26/2008..

"The day my mother died!" It is a fitting tribute about Little Canada, North Brookfield, Mass. I cherish this recording as I do the others.

Finally "Benjamin" wrote his story about Dan Fogelberg  "LEADER OF THE BAND" and Casey read it, too, broadcast around the world!

Now I'll convert these 4 messages from CD to MPC Ripping them to your ears on my blog "BOB POTVIN BLOGGER".. so stay tuned!

ROCK N ROLL IS HERE TO STAY.." FOREVER YOUNG!"
 
CASEY KASEM
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment