Saturday, October 27, 2018

THE PORTABLE CONNIE MACK

Earlier this morning my esteemed friend and local historian DENNIS LEBEAU presented me with a cassette bearing Connie Mack's life in words. This one cassette deserves conversion to a CD and I plan on including a copy with me book!

It seems U.S. History continues to take a back seat in life. "Too busy".."I never was good at remembering names and dates.." well.. here's your wake-up call, ladies and gentlemen.

Just now I came from the Salvation Army in Spencer with three purchases
  1. A Radio Shack portable cassette recorder/player
  2. Hits of Pattie Page on an LP
  3. THE SOUND OF MUSIC sound track in a cassette.
Total cost $5.00.

Now I am completely mobilized to take my message to potential donors. "Fundraisers" on Facebook will be where I begin.  More to follow.

Drove up to Bell Hill to "think" about the restoration of BATES OBSERVATORY. "Make no little plans for there isn't in them to stir men's souls!" Essentially a WAKE-UP call, indeed, for the townspeople.

Also, the  Town Hall clapboards are sucking up the rain. Not good. The scraping is excellent but now must be given a coat of primer and cover before it's too late. "I know men in the ranks and they stay in the ranks because they just don't have the ability TO GET THINGS DONE!"

Did a quick stroll around the Walnut Grove Cemetery, NB. A great place to learn more about North Brookfield's illustrious past. Also the FRENCH CEMETERY with an 1899 marker poses a question? Anybody have any info?

Finally, the World Series: AMAZING. I watched one hour then hit the sack. Got up hours later and saw a baseball game was being played. I thought HMM SOX IN 2.. then I realized it was the 15th Inning. OMG. The ending was climatic and good for LA. "Teams know when to win!" Now we have a great contest brewing.. fasten your seat belts and hope for a 9 inning game tonight.

No sleep deprivation for me! LOL.

1.5 i8nches of rain today. 46 degrees..NE winds.

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
NOT A MAN IN THE RANKS
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585

No comments:

Post a Comment