Friday, October 19, 2018

LIVE FROM VIETNAM GAME 1. OF THE 1967 WORLD SERIES

First, my numbers: Blood Sugar 115..weight 179.6..27 degrees at7:00 AM

VUNG TAU , VIETNAM, 5 OCTOBER 1967 THURSDAY 1:30 AM

Dear Mom and Dad,

It is early Thursday morning here as I listen to the first game of the 1967 WORLD SERIES. The game is being broadcast live and a loyal fan I am. IT DOESN'T SEEM REAL TO LISTEN TO GAME 1. IN THE MORNING THAT IS BEING PLAYED THE NIGHT BEFORE IN BOSTON.

It is the last of the third and Boston is struggling - the Cardinals are strong and you can't deny them that - By the sound of the crowd Boston is giving that old college try. Let's hope for a few breaks and a few runs!...

Santiago just hit a home run - what kind of baseball is this Boston team?Then YAZ just fired in the ball to get the out at home plate. WOW!

It's going to be a long day tomorrowas I don't imagine the game will be over much before 3:30 AM or so. I'll just go to bed early tomorrow night and get up for the second Game - providing the Sox win.

At any rate..all is well with me and I"m looking forward to my trip (R&R to Sydney) in 18 days -

Love,

BOB

P.S George Scott just doubled - guess that makes you happy Dad?

NB: The cardinals won the Series. I got drunk that night and fell asleep before Game 7 as the  Saint Louis Cardinals became the World Series victor. Then and there I vowed I'd go to the World Series in 1968 and I did - Saint Louis MO! In 1987 Ben, Josh and Dad returned to STL for 3 marvelous games! This experience was one of the highlights of my life!

RLP




No comments:

Post a Comment