Tuesday, October 30, 2018

MY WORLD-CLASS TUESDAY TO SOUTH BOSTON

 My trip to Bean town proved to be a Double Header of fun! The 'new & improved' JFK Bookstore saw my dollars go for a reduced ticket price of $8.00 being a Senior and a Veteran. I bought a neat book entitled : INAUGURAL ADDRESSES Theodore Roosevelt to Donald Trump. My friend, Mike Hancock no longer works in the store.. he has been promoted to ticket sales.

The JFK Library & Museum is fresh! Many displays reveal the highest quality of audio-visuals. The displays are outstanding. I took my time savoring every one as I spend 2 hours reading and absorbing. JFK admitted "I like history" and it certainly shows in all of the countries he visited before getting into politics.

I paid particular attention how each display was laid out in Lucite cases. Sparkling clean..the museum gets very high grades. My lunch was a cup of New England Clam Chowder, a hot blueberry muffin and a bottle of water.
The distance from West Brookfield is 70 miles.. and is easy to find..Mass Pike to I-93 South.. Exit 15.

The second part of my sojourn was across the way at the MASSACHUSETS ARCHIVES. What a wonderful place to absorb our heritage!   Everything today is computerized. Everything is comprehensive when you do a search. I did on my Wine side of the equation and learned my Great Grandfather was listed as a Junior. Never knew this!

The whole enterprise of archival resources is under the direction of William Francis Galvin, Chair of the Massachusetts Historical Commission and Secretary of the Commonwealth. It will take me several visits to absorb the highlights of our great BAY STATE'S history. Displays abound at the archives and it is just across the way from the JFK!

I was smart in traveling "after school busses." The bottom line to my World Class Tuesday IS THAT IT WAS!

Looking back over my 7 hour trip...IT WAS A PIECE OF CAKE!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
 A Brookfielder.. through and through!
Box 11
W. Brookfield, MA 01585








No comments:

Post a Comment