Saturday, October 6, 2018

ALMOST HEAVEN MY WEST BROOKFIELD, MASS

Having made five trips to Fenway Park, Boston in the past 10 days I have an even better feeling about my roots! The Brookfields offer a high quality of country living i.e. Peace and Quiet. each time I travel to Worcester to catch the train at Union Station I see how many poor people live. Because I went to school in Worcester at the junior college (1960 -1962) then on the streets settling claims for Mother Aetna (1965-1972) I know the drill.

Boston is even more challenging and at this point I feel I have both cities under my belt. City slickers really don't have a clue as to where the Brookfields are and are caught up in their own little world. That's fine. And to see humanity at Fenway rings my chimes. The Hub of the Universe is a cultural wonder and I enjoy being part of it.

Now, to the point!

Fifty years ago tomorrow I made a decision that is affecting my life: I QUIT SMOKING! Fifty years later I delight in good health for the most part. What bothers me are the tens of millions that are addicted to the damn weed. Nobody has come up with a definitive plan as I see it. I have had relatives quit and relatives who can not muster what it takes to be smoke free. Others tell me "I quit 5 years ago then went back!"

All I can say  'Smoking is hazardous to your health.'

QUITTING COLD TURKEY is difficult but just look at me!

This long-holiday weekend reveals a plethora of yard sales like I have never seen before. This revelation tells me we are choking on an abundance of stuff! Who needs all of the agrivation ?  Like quitting tobacco I am quitting the temptation of buying junque.'

Had a peanut butter sandwich and now I relax watching the Yanks and Sox fight it out. "TICKETS?" LOL.

NOW BATTING..'BOBBY P'

Robert Louis Blogger




















No comments:

Post a Comment