Tuesday, October 16, 2018

MY SENTIMENTAL STROLL THRU ST. JOSEPH CEMETARY - NB

On a late Tuesday afternoon, after viewing Bates Observatory, I decided to visit the cemetery. My initial thought was to obtain dates of my Great-Grand parents ..LEDOUX and WINE. I ended up walking casually along the lower stone wall and came upon "Stackow's" grave site. Then there was June Messier's site along with Roberta Barrett's marker. I then paused to reflect how lucky I am to be alive!

Graveyards are wonderful bookmarks of the past. Name after name was familiar to me. The inscriptions in granite give the dates of birth and death. Monied people seem to have more fancy head stones. It is an art in itself..a monument to life!

The chill of this late October afternoon didn't bother me. This is "BOB POTVIN WEATHER!"

Last night we experienced torrential rains and forceful winds. No warning.. just wind. Mariah!  But the lying dead didn't hear a thing! Cemeteries essentially have bones. It is a provocative thought that someday I will be laid to my rest like everyone else living.

The great quote "I WILL LIVE IN THE PAST, THE PRESENT AND THE FUTURE." This one quote says it all.

"Live all you can… it's a mistake not to!"

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
PHILOSOPHER
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585
508-867-3360

No comments:

Post a Comment