Sunday, October 14, 2018

DIRECT PHONE REPORT FROM SOUTH GEORGIA

The aftermath of last weeks hurricane was just reported to me by phone. Jerry Maurice Barfield and I spoke for 47 minutes about the wrath of  Mother Nature. Unbelievable
!




 "I bought 2 generators today and one for my pastor exclaimed my auctioneer brother from South Georgia. People's barns were leveled. The sound of the hurricane-force winds was eerie, Bob. Going without electricity was awful.

"Cotton looks like snow soaked and flattened. My pecan crop lies on the ground." One pecan tree was uprooted by the hurricane force winds.

Barfield was amazed I was oblivious to the wrath.

Robert Louis Potvin
An uninformed bystander up North

NB. Doerun, Georgia, is about an hour north of Tallahassee near Moultrie and Tifton. I have been to Mr. Barfield's farm 3 times over the years! The population is smaller than New Braintree.. about 750 souls.

RECORDED WIND SPEEDS - FLORIDA PAN HANDLE

  1. Tyndall Air Force base 129 mph
  2. Panama City 116 mph
  3. Mexico Beach 104 mph
  4. Marianna Beach 102 mph
  5. Panama City Treatment Plant 94 mph
These wind speeds are from the NATIONAL HURRICANE CENTER
VIA USA TODAY 10/12/18

No comments:

Post a Comment