Monday, October 29, 2018

MY WORLD CLASS MONDAY TO NORTHAMPTON

My journey this Monday was splendid! After a fitful night's sleep and a phonecall to Frank Tencza's widow, Janie, I shoved off for Northampton, MASS. My goal was to visit the Calvin Coolidge Presidential Library and Museum. This one presidential museum is free  and a world-class library it is.

Julie Bartlett Nelson, Archivist, is the purveyor of one John Calvin Coolidge.. 30th President of the United States. It was a delight to reviews all of the glass cases of presidential memorabilia on this "Red Sox" Monday! As I have visited this museum a couple of times before, today I was ready for a treat.

American history comes alive when we interpret the lives of famous people. In Calvin Coolidge's case it was learning more about this taciturn Yankee from Plymouth Notch, VT. Being a graduate of Amherst College '95 and a politician in every sense of the word both in Northampton and Beacon Hill, Boston, my table was set for pleasure.

A myriad of books graces the shelves and a myriad of photographs capture the moods of a quiet president. As I walked around the museum I delighted in garnering more ammo i.e. the truth about historical societies and public libraries. The truth is some fight while others embrace.

There is a call for peaceful co-existence so the truth is to be absorbed by the reading public. More later.

I also stopped off at the Family Store of the Salvation Army in Hadley. Bought 2 books: "Marketing to the Social Web" and "Edit Yourself. These two books coast me lass than $5.00 for both. Such a deal. The library of books at the SA is worth crowing about.

I also traveled to the VA in Leeds without success in obtaining 2 refills on scripts." I tried."

Travel on Route 9 was a piece of cake.

Thus ends my World Class Monday. "

"GO CAL!"

No comments:

Post a Comment