Sunday, November 20, 2016

THE SNOW GOES ON!

Back in January of 1983 I promoted The Blair House Antique Show in Sturbridge.I sold 100 dealer spaces and was planning on "making a million." Well, Mother Nature intervened with something like 18 inches of the white stuff! I called Atty. Tony Caprera for counsel. Tony's response was THE SHOW GOES ON! It was the folly of my life.




I had pre-sold all spaces so it wasn't a total washout. One dealer in 100 was pissed. All others sympathetic. Instead of a 5,000 Gate I had 500 battle the storm. Live and learn. I tried it a second time.. even worse.. No more antique shows for Bob.




Tomorrow's trip to JFK seems a bit dubious and problematic. While the roads have no frost and chemical treatments will be enough to salt a Cod Fish.... I don't know. Too many "I don't knows."






I have been working assiduously on my "Dress Rehearsal" presentation. Nothing to get bent out of shape over. Snow is pretty and winter is here. Heck, Christmas is 35 day's away.Ho Ho Ho. Black Friday may turn out to be White Friday. I have my Ray Connif Christmas Album ready for the cue on my Emerson Victrola.




It is 33 freeking degrees and the cold air aloft tells me we are in for a very cold Thanksgiving Day celebration. Back in 1971 we had a foot of the white stuff in the Brookfields with turkey.! By Christmas it was gone. This snow is a precursor of what may be a bitch of a winter? I don't care.. I have my memories to keep me warm.




If you are looking for a treat for a diverse type of food.. buy a jar of Sweet Relish!" Very low sugar content and mouth watering.


The bottom line to this day was Awesome! "The Happy Busy Bee!"


























No comments:

Post a Comment