Thursday, November 3, 2016

RE-DISCOVERING MY SETON HALL UNIVERSITY MEMOIRS OF BEN AND JOSH!

The Pirates of Seton Hall University lured both of my sons to The Big East! In 1990, Undertaker Mike Pillsbury exclaimed "THE BIG EAST" when  Son-Ben told Mike he was headed south  to South Orange New Jersey!




Seton Hall is a stone's throw from "The Big Apple"  NYC! Actually Son Josh could see the distant Empire State Building from  his dormitory roomI IF there's a romance to raising children.. it comes in teaching them how to fly!....INDEPENDENCE!


I approved of the 200 mile drive each time I delivered Ben and Josh. Ben took the train to Springfield more than "Joby!" LOL:... My balding" SouDude of 42. OMG.Where in hell has time gone? "Byron" was a Business Major at the Stillman School for Business.Today he is my principle man working for the Principal Financial Group As Sr. Disability Sales Manager. while Ben is A senior Underwriter for THE HARTFOR not an Undertaker Like "Varnum" and "Pillsbury" Mark Twinsaid "Be so good in life that even the Undertaker will feel bad. I had a Belchertown client WILFRED E> LEMIRE who admitted " I even cried at wakes of dead people I didn't even know! OMG.. what a tear-jerking story! I knocked-down his land, at auction in 1986? for 1/4 of a Million Dollars. The late Bruce Beard 'got us over the finish line.!@ Bruce was a Graduate of West Point and admitted to once seeing FDR's dog FALA!


Benjamin resides inBelmont, NC with his "blonde" wife Allison and "Cinderella..age 2 Savannah Hope "Baby=Girl". WOW. Josh & Heidi are more prolific raising 4 "Munchkins"   Chase Robert, Lily, Madeline and 3 year old Evelyn. The grey hairs are coming in fast...LOL. Balding runs in the family. Josh now cuts my sideboards... for free but he's rough. I cut hair in Clemens Hall back in 1964 for a Silver Half-Dollar!X.. Go Billikens!




Old POPS revels at the fact a Seton Hall education and an education by their peripatetic "Old Man" has showed them the world. Yes,40+ States and a trip to Australia in 1990...yep, Down Under@! Now both men of "forty something" fly like the fabled Concorde Supersonic of yesteryear.


Tonight I was rummaging around in my attic and re-discovered..solid gold.I clipped every headline my sons witnessed from 1990 to 1996.Ben, a Communications Major and Announcer of theWSOU games on the radio blazed the trail for Brother Josh.


Both Ben and Josh shopped around for a college. In looking at PC.. josh said 'Too many Priests, Dad." LOL. Seton Hall University behing the iron fence reminded me of my Saint Louis University experience... The Big Apple rang my Billiken doorbell. Hello!


When you see your two Pirates in the crowd at "The Garden" in March of 1993 on television...man.. I tell you what.. It doesn't get any better than that.


If you get anything from the "Pirate Blog"..It's not IF you go to college  .. it's when! The dividends are enormous.. Don't forget The Educated Class is the Preferred Class in Society excepting for the eggheads who I disdain. The theing hey are better than the Average Working-Class American Citizens! They can hide behind their PhD. I too have a phd..a Post Hole Digger! LOL...


OK, Google.. now I will assemble all of the clipped headlines from the USA Today and the New York Times.


ADVICE: You must Champion  your emerging adults.. THE BOTTOM LINE TO PARENTING IS LOVE THEM DEARLY ..AND IT'S OKAY TO 'NIP THEIR EARS" WHEN NEEDED. "SPARE THE ROD AND SPOIL THE CHILD.!I will always be your father.....loving and caring: No cigarettes in almost 50 years..30 without alcohol I sincerely believe I am my own man!


Adios Amigos!


Go Pirates... and enjoy "life's ride. The tide goes out then it comes thundering in.Always keep hope on your front burners. Your life is truly worth living and you must learn how to relax.


Sincerely yours.


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
CHIEF BLOGGER IN CHARGE
12:31 AM 11/4/2016


VOTE FOR TRUMP!



















No comments:

Post a Comment