Wednesday, November 9, 2016

"FEAR KNOCKED ON THE DOOR.. FAITH ANSWERED.. NOBODY WAS THERE!"

 So, all Americans, and the world.. Do you worry needlessly? Are you afraid of your own shadow? LOL. Do you want the truth or BS? I offer you both..Oh my...,(:
 So here we go!


My "Wonderful Wednesday" began at Dunkin Donuts in West Brookfield. I like the Millennials discovering what life is all about! " Been There..Done That!" Enterprise has been my name forever from shining the Late Jay Fagno's shoes to working for Fernando Dintini at age 12. Fernando was a cobbler.. as shoe repairman on Summer Street beneath Leo LeDoux's Cleaners and Smith Insurance Agency.


Growing up in North Brookfield in the Fifties afforded me so much."Kizzle and 'Thibeault' and "Stackow" were amongst my best boyhood friends. We were boys and Ronnie Stackow introduced me to BROOKFIELD ORCHARDS. c. 1952. Kizzle, Richard B. Johnson and I nailed pine risers atop bushel boxes. My Dad was a carpenter sis it was a no-brainer.


Kizzle mischievous  and inserted coated NAILS in Delicious apples and "Poor Richard" got fired by Damon Morse..Hammy Lincoln's right hand. I was chicken to RAT on my cousin..Kizzle. I was in the employ of BOC for 10 years.


Enter Frank and Diana Cooke. I was smitten by Diane, Frank and Rolls Royce Motor cars.


But first, allow me to tell you about when I was caught stealing at the Western Auto, School Street..N Brook! I was in the 8th Grade at St. Joseph School My "eighth grade hand" was caught in the act by one John Cushing... "Big Sam's" employee. In was morftified. Put It Back, Bob! I did. One of the Commandment was at hand...No pun intended.


Diana was cute and very precocious. She played the Grand Piano in her 100 Main Street Mansion. Diana was a "Jackie Kennedy, Junior riding her horse Princess. There sere my halcyon days... ..happy, peaceful, Puppy Love! Worcester Junior College, JFK and Jackie and the inspiration and motivation to make something of my life...and I have... my days of my youth were my days of glory."


BUT Saint Louis University beckoned me at age 20 to take a 'Westbound Greyhound' and ride. 24 hours to the Mississippi River. What a disappointment... 1,200 miles from my folks, Diane and" 'Father Frank".. Bobby as his surrogate son.
 Quickly I learned the drill: Fish Or Cut Bait!.. and I did. LOL.


Quickly I began to learn all about Historic Saint Louis. Oner my one I befriended "boys to men" in Clemens Hall. I had to make a Major Course change from The Institute of Technology to the College of Arts and Sciences as a Geography Major to a Political Science Minor! With some maneuvering and persuasion and working 3 jobs...Lou's PaThe Saint Louis University Bookstore and E.V. Shields, store manager. He like me and I liked him. Mr. & Mrs. Shields even visited me while I was a uniformed National park Ranger on Cape Cod National Seashore.  Summer .. 1964. But the BIG DEAL  came in the FALL.
















ckage and Tobacco. Griesediech Hall Mail Man.. and my favorite


Mr. Shields hired me to handle a mass mailing of a textbook promotion.. My dorm room..1313...LOL saw me stuffing 6,000 envelopes with a  a flyer,, address labels and postage. I got him over the Finish Line with integrity and expediency and I earned a whopping $300. Thank You Mr. Shields!


So that's my BLOG for today. 1. Keep Reading 2. Please spread the word and Thanks a Million.. even though I don't have much gold.


Sincerely yours,


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
CHIEF BLOOGER -IN- CHARGE
West Brookfield, MA 01585



No comments:

Post a Comment