Tuesday, November 15, 2016

"CATS IN THE CRADLE" - HARRY CHAPIN

Boy, the cat's in the cradle with my own children in their forty-something years ,Sou-Dudes. Both sons graduated from Seton Hall U.....Yes.   Now they both face challenges. Joshua.. like lightning striking..Chase, Lily, Madeline and Evelyn. "Here's your coat... what's your hurry?"








The demands on today's parents are exponentially greater.. Maybe? My forebears raised `13 kids in North Brookfield 100 years ago! One grandfather was a meek man, lean and had facial furloughs as deep as Wendemuth's farm and  smoked 2 packs of Camels a day and lived to age 56 dying on January 1, 1946. He was the community cobbler.... and yes, he imbibed in drinking "home brew!" 7 kids..5 daughters and 2 sons...Uncle Albert and Uncle Francis  NBHS Valedictorian 1947. Mother Rita was the oldest. Oscar and Ida were musicians.  Ida played the piano as Oscar "Fiddled Around"..LOL. I have his fiddle today....She played from Sheet Music. no TV, No Car, no money, no kidding.. actually many, many kids! "Little Canada", North Brookfield, all the way and understandably poor. And they were devout Roman Catholics.. Mother relates " seven pair of kids shoes were lined up for Sunday Mass at St. Joseph Church.
The Poulin roots are in Thompson, CT.






Now to "Wine Village" Like my Great-Great Grandfather..Paul Wine and my Great Grandfather Paul "Wine, and my Grand father Paul Wine all lie in perpetuity at St. Joseph Cemetery as does my dad..Joseph Emil. How lucky can I be to be so close to my roots.






Many folks gloss over their past. Not me... I welcome my past as I am endowed by my wonderful French-Canadian- American heritage.. and the name of POTVIN is real.


Today, the American Melting Pot is like Billy Joel's song "Piano Man!"


As I see it,.....life BT..(Before Television) was, perhaps so simple, but maybe not! There were Town Drunks back then as opposed to Closet Drinkers today.


Microwaves didn't appear on Planet Earth until about 1970 as did hand-held calculators.


Atty Alvin Jack Sims of Brockton, MA gave me my own in 1972. Aetna ( my love) hosted a Safari Computer system with a dot-matrix  ball printing policies issued at 151 Farmington St, Hartford...c. 1972.


How do I know all this? Simple..I have the curiosity of a JFK only I don't have a "mop" like he did. I just learned on YouTube Kennedy had a fetish on how his hair was parted... and other "interests." LOL








And so it goes. Life is good...and you can bet your bippy I WORK AT IT! Embracing a life of Self Discipline and Self-Development gives me so many options in my 2017 attitude.




It is never too late to start a new life. Now, I burn the records of the day... tomorrow my soul will be born again!


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Chief Blogger in Charge
West Brookfield, MA


Nearing 32,000 Pageviews.. 800 Posts... Please spread the word...VERITAS!





























No comments:

Post a Comment