Thursday, November 24, 2016

MY 50TH BIRTHDAY EXTRAGANVZA 1992

It was a bonafide Hawaiian luau. A doctor from my alumni meeting said 'Celebrate, Bob.' That I did! tonight my new 'Toy', a portable Panasonic color tv, VHS set-up provided me with a multitude of memories for the asking.




Nephew Steve Boyd took charge. A 140lb Oink-Oink. Watching this video in living color affirms so many memories. I hosted 72 relatives and friends and boy didn't people laugh!? It truly was a highlight of my 74 years on Planet Earth.




A I recall everybody was "game." Sister Jan and her 5 kids, ray, and family joined in the grand festivities on Birch Hill. It took forever for Stevie to cook "Miss Piggy" on the rotisserie. Bags of charcoal ensured a heat for more than 6 hours. Seeing the pig roast was amusing to my guests. People like Ralph and Charline Whitman, Paul & Rita Power along with a ton of my relatives enjoyed music from the Ventures. I chose Hawaii Five-O as my theme song.




Both the old and the young relaxed and enjoyed the fresh July air. The best part to it all is for me to resurrect something as ancient and rewarding. It affirms my core need of family. No better advice than to "Know Thyself!"




There's a lot of water over the dam since 1992. Back then it was about typewriters.. no Internet and youth! So many of my friends have Passed On. Blanche & Fred.. Jeannette and Fran, Kay and Franny, John Borelli, Jane Newton, Gracie Stachowicz, John T. Swedis and others. Some of the kids then, are adults now.




Sons Ben and Josh were coming on strong.SETON HALL UNIVERITY... Go Pirates. The best part of this VHS is my grandkids, 'will someday' watch and laugh at that special day. As the song goes Life Is What You Make It. Why don't you have a luau? LOL... Chill, man. Just how serious are you?.. 'Up tight and out of sight?'  People say to me "Bob you're funny...." I retort.. yeah, funny looking.!"


Technologies today are incredible. Now I must locate a Geek who knows how to put this on YOU TUBE! Know anybody?


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Chief Blogger -In- Charge
WEST BROOKFIELD, MA.


P.S. My new white mailbox is up and awaiting delivery of your mail!
RLP
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment