Thursday, November 24, 2016

THE AFTERMATH OF TURKEY DAY 2016

I have never had so may "hits" on my pageviews as on the Cottage Street Tree Issue and I almost got hit by man at Country Corner! 'If you weren't a Veteran I would have hit you.' Right.


In turn I walked down Cottage street. I was in a pensive mood and had an incredible thought IF the trees GO....no more shade! Your cooling bills may reach the moon and where will Robin Red Breast go to lay her beautiful BLUE EGGS!?


Two books on the subject were just received from my good friends at the Merriam-Gilbert Public Library here in West Brookfield, Mass. Silent Spring and The Quiet Crisis. Everyone knows the name Rachael Carson but few know Stewart L. Udall    


























It was at Saint Louis University I was taught about our Conservation of Natural Resources and got the message. Maybe the EPA has necessitated super fund clean-ups but the reality is many folks just don't give a care. I am in favor of burning cordwood but not at the expense of  cutting the tree down in front of my house .


Selective pruning is the only way to go! Unless the good citizens of West Brookfield stage an outcry at the December 5th Metting in the TownHall your trees will be Toast.
Citizens should get the opinion of a College Professor who teaches the subject.The alibis of sidewalks, etc. is pure unadulterated Bull.


In other gossip, my Thanksgiving Day was solitary. My meal was as good as Salem's. I worked assiduously for hours then sat down and had a drumstick. The Table Talk Pumpkin Pie hit the spot as did all side dishes. I have in-depth experences in food handling. In Wyoming I worked at the University in Laramie.We fed 1,200 students and faculty. Way back when, 1963 I worked atop Mount Washington. Now I will strip the bird and have food for a month! I bought Zip-Lock bags for the occasion.,


Son Josh, Chase Robert and Madeline Grace stopped by. The kids are so beautiful. Today was "Move Day." Everybody pitched in"out with the old and IN with the new. I now have some Spiffy Oriental, Mother of Pearl, furniture plus a quarter-sawn oak washing stand... plus a new wing-back-green plaid chair. The old chair and couch are in the garage.


PLEASE SAVE YOUR TREES!




















No comments:

Post a Comment