Friday, November 18, 2016

BUTTERBALL 101

My frozen Butterball Turkey weighs 13.8 lbs. Some of my butter-ball friends, who too are turkeys, weigh 285!


The present BUTTERBALL company was Founded in 2,006. Their revenues  ae $1.5 billion plus. Maxwell Farms and Seaboard Corporation own the whole shootinmatch. They employ 5,500 people  with Headquarters in Gardner, North Carolina.


THE NAME BUTTERBALL was registered as a trademark # 378,438, July 11, 1940.Swift and Company owned Butterball for a while. To me, Butterball is synonymous  with THANKSGIVING.It is symbolic of the American way of life. For a very long time, I participated in the preparation of our Thanksgiving meal. Westminster Crackers, meat and pork stuffing, and turnip and squashes orange-cranberry sauce graced our table along with our esteemed friend, Grace! Now we have a Madiline Grace as my beautiful grandchildren say "Grace."!


Since 1981a toll-free telephone line called the "TURKEY TALK-LINE" to help customers with cooking and  preparation questions!


My Butterball was the compliments of Market Basket through the Worcester Veteran's Shelter on Grove Street, Worcester.'TOM" has a price tag of over $23.00!


IF you don't think there are things to be Thankful" for you had better check your pre-disposition (attitudes!) That is all I can say...'Thank God I'm A Country Boy!"


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
CHIEF BLOGGER AND COOK
WEST BROOKFIELD, MA
















No comments:

Post a Comment