Wednesday, November 2, 2016

THE NEW FORGOTTEN AMERICANS: VIETNAM VETERANS

Today, I spent more than an hour at the Veterans Administration Worcester Clinic. This health care facility seems to be rife with Vietnam veterans! Many are younger than me..many walking with canes, walkers, Vietnam Veteran ball caps and potbellies.


Sad to say much of the "help" appears to be overweight! Come on.. "your duffel bags are overflowing with junk food! This is emblematic with much of America.Belly fat, tattoos, tobacco and scratch tickets rule these beloved veterans.


While waiting for the psychologist-doctor to return I "scoped the office.!" It did not pass my inspection! A beautiful red-white and blue Veterans Administration plaster moulded 12" circular was lying on the tops half as if it were "wounded." As I looked at the top of the coffee table I found 6 Massachusetts Lottery scratch tickets...Not good.


Where the hell is out American pride?


On the positive after after "interrogation" and the filling of a Lithium RX and one other... My wonderful 'North Brookfield High School graduate Mary H. fulfilled my wishes!  The grilling of the doctor tells me Vietnam Veterans are estranged from the American lexicon. The VA in Leeds, MA is a mirror image...of maybe all VA Clinics and hospitals. I was stricken while living in Syt. Albans, VT in 2003. I gave a man a $50 dollar bill to drive me to the VA Hospital in White River Junction, VT..voted #1 hospital in the entire VA System


Knowing what I know about the VA, The Internet, this Blog and my U>S. Army experiences in Vietnam as a Medic -1967-1968 (Tet Offensive) I ordered salient medical records of the VA of my medical history. Mary delivered! Thank You! With my "Last Four" of my SSAN my request as fulfilled instantaneously.


But I could not ignore these geezers from the Vietnam War. Some understand the computer... many don't.


It is important to know...'THE VA HEALTHCARE SYSTEM may be the role model for future health care. My one VA card, swiped, will admit me Worldwide to all VA facilities.


In view of the fact.some Vietnam Veterans will live to be 100 or mor Leadership must come from the TOP... Lip service and BS will not do. We need old Peace Corp veterans to volunteer in the aid of Vietnam Veterans. The M>O>V>E> programs at VA's around the Country offer wonderful services. My weight went from 216lbs to the present 186! Sure it took 3 years or more, but look at me! "STANDING TALL."


The inspiration is here... not from a bottle or a needle. The wonder drugs give me, Bop Potvin equanimity ( equal.) Lithium, the first choice discovered by Australians changed the moods of the world.


It isn't " Crying for Argentina..or Brazil (LOL) It's all about VIETNAM VETERANS..godammit!


Too many folks are wrapped up in the Election and the Stockmarket. My SmartPhone  APP revelass everything from the trajectory and path of the International Space Station to the price of gold and silver in HONG KONG.


Some people still read newspapers, watch the sensationalism of "heads" reading script of news...etc. Not me. I have divorced crap seeking truth. I have been there and done that. Now your  is NEW and Improved. I love life. I love my neighbor.. and there is a special place in my heart for nurses...I HUG THEM!


As to your I really do not care. I am having too much fun living my 21st Century life. You have a choice! America...Love it or Leave IT. "The door of freedom swings two ways.


Two of the BEST Vietnam Shelters are in Worcster, Mass. And Boston. I lived in Cour Street for 116 Months...April of 2002 to 9-11-2003. 'Three hots and a cot."


Homelessness is a social malady. Uninformed, prejudiced men and women are quick to judge when the word homeless comes up. WRONG! I was homeless and made the front pages of the St. Albans Messenger with a headline "To The Brink And Back! I pulled my own bootstraps.


Now, I relax, tuning into the WORLD SERIES and announcer JOE BUCK. JACK BUCK.."I don't believe it" originated in Holyoke, MA and was the 'Voive of the Cardinals" for years. I HOLD AN AUTOGRAPHED PHOTOGRAPH FROM JOE.


.
























No comments:

Post a Comment