Saturday, November 5, 2016

'THE MORTAL PRESIDENCY' ...JUST WHAT THE DOCTOR ORDERED

Professor Robert Gilbert of Northeastern University, Boston, has a compelling interview with C-Span's Brian Lamb on YouTube..c. 1992 after Clinton's election to the White House..I mean compelling!


Okay, History Buffs and readers of my BLOG. The timing couldn't be better. Read on.


First I totally disagree with the PhD..U-Mass type on  assessment of CALVIN COOLIDGE! As a student of the presidency since 1954 in studying the Presidential Series of 1938 on U.S. Postage stamps, my intensive interest in Presidents flourished.. culminating with a 1978 interview of Coolidge's son, John, at his home in Farmington, CT. I had one hour with Mr. Coolidge. He was an an old Yankee revealing the staid Coolidge spirit. As a Franco-American..I loved it!.


John Coolidge is the only person to tell me"You went to Saint Louis University because YOU ARE A CATHOLIC!.".. Not necessarily, Vermonter. LOL.


Please allow me to continue this most IMPORTANT BLOG ON THE U.S. Presidency. I will be perfectly  clear.  LOL.


A sapient neighbor, 'Walter Mahoney Next Door' with his running nose, and all said to me:


" Coolidge WAS GOOD PRESIDENT, IN PART BECAUSE OF  HIS SECRETARY OF THE TREASURY,  Andrew  Mellon." Mellon's name appears on 'Large U.S. Currency.' I know this as I am a 50 year+ enthusiast of many things.. including  MONEY!  LOL. "Mellon paid off the World War I debt!" He also reminisced of seeing Calvin in his law office in Northampton, MA. OTHER ANECODOTES wiollbe published on this BLOG at a later date.


Ronald Reagan loved the spirit of Calvin Coolidge.. so much.. THE AMERICAN ANTIQUARIAN SOCIETY LOANED RR   a SUBSTANTIAL OIL OF CC.


This year, In February I returned to Plymouth Notch where John Coolidge ran his cheese enterprise. Good stuff. Amity Shleas  is author of a great book on
"COOLIDGE "AND BE SEEN , ALSO, ON YOUTUBE. I like Amity's style.



Now, 'on with the presidential show.'


"Gilbert" does a fine job revealing those "prexies" that had major health problems and served their presidencies "shrouding the TRUTH!.".. but you are not going to fool BOB POTVIN..CHIEF BLOGGER-AT LARGE.


I am 74.. not necessarily humble.. yet a Good Guy!


Donald J. Trump is right. In my trove OF media stuff....would believe I found my copy of the USA TODAY dated Wednesday, January21, 2009. OMG.


THE FULL PAGE FRONT...READS IN MASSIVE BOLDFACE PRINT:


"Obama pledges to remake America" U-N-B-E-L-I-VABLE-


"Dawn of ' a new era."  bs.


I will frame "this mother! " as it concurs with the Late Ben Sasportas'  quote "THE FIRST TWO YEARS OF A PRESIDENTIAL TERM IS OPTIMISTIC".....THE NEXT TWO YEARS ARE PESSIMISTIC.  Remember, PEEPUL VOTE THEIR WALLETS! $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$


It is very late.."and I have miles to go before I sleep!"..Robert Frost, poet.


Sincerely yours,


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN  AGE 74
Chief Blogger-in Charge..
West Brookfield, Massachusetts
November  5, 11:00 PM


















No comments:

Post a Comment