Thursday, November 3, 2016

CAPE COD NATIONAL SEASHORE "OUT OF SEASON"

Cape Cod National Seashore is never out of season if you ask me!


Since 1954, Seastreet and Dennisport as a boy.. The Late Andrew Chester Stevens instructed me in the ways of the Cape. Andrew was a family friend and taught me to love Cape Cod. In 1964, with the help of Francis T. "Red" Lee of North Brookfield, Senator Edward M. Kennedy and Secretary of the Interior, Stewart L. Udall afforded me.. a guy going places got the job! A RANGER patrolling the fabulous sand dunes of North Truro.. My !Heaven on Earth.


Crapser Cottages is where I lived in a "colony" of Rangers and Lifeguards. My soiled "Time and Attendance Report" reveals as a Ranger General..IGS 4 was paid $162.40 with an annual salary of $4215. OMG.. LOL.. The Pay Period was 7/19/1964 to 8/1/1964. It was "All the way with LBJ!"


Some Federal Enployment is a "tit." LOL. My uniformed position was spectacular!
My rest came on the sand dunes of North Truro reading "Thoreau." 'The Outermost House" by Henry Beston came later. Mother Rita read the book in her Eighties and have it two thumbs up! Your Winter reading assignment. Do IT!


After the exciting election of next I will drive back to Cape Cod. I have a "secret perch" on the Outer Cape. Longnook Beach and Nauset may be the best surf on the East coast. Obviously Hawaii may be the best. Swimming in the South Chine Sea in Vung Tau I recall saying it was like "swimming in my bathub"..TEPID!


In this day and age.. the affluent may live in Falmouth? No thanks.... As Lord Byron said? "There is rapture on the lonely shore.. where I love man, none-the-less but Nature More.


The tip in Provencetown may be 150 miles from Stubridge. The Pike to I-495..then to Sagamoe Bridge...Take 6-A  "You Are Sure To Fall In Love With OLD Cape Cod!"


Thanks Pattie Page and Jerry Vale.....I am absolutely psyched..  goosebumps..motivated by the Hawaiian singing of the Man.. IZ Israel! This man has led me to my Rainbow..."Enjoy Life All You Can.. It's A Mistake Not to!"




ROBERT LOUIS POTVIJN
"'RANGER GRANGER"
CCNS.





No comments:

Post a Comment