Tuesday, November 22, 2016

' ONE MAN WITH HUMAN COURAGE MAKES A MAJORITY'

Poet Robert Frost once said "Courage is the  human virtue that counts the most. Courage to act on limited knowledge and insufficient evidence. That's all!"


Okay, now at age 34, I was very disenchanted with my employer, AETNA. I could not ignore my convictions... and with much soul-searching, I quit... Cold Turkey without notice. Talk about courage! Essentially I redeemed myself and declared my Independence. My first tow enterprises failed. Public Speaking...2 people showed up!


Then my sky began to clear. The Town of Windsor hired me as an Economic Development Aide for a year... non-renewable. As I searched and read many books on self-development I decided it will be Rare Coins and Antiques. I found a Victorian house in West Brookfield. My  loving Dad and Uncle Al guided me in this daring move. I was "the return of the native.' Five house inspections ensued before I was given thumbs up! You cannot get to second base if you leave one foot on first!


My enterprises of 1978 have flourished in Rare Coins, Rare Postage, Antique Clocks and Watches, and Autographs. I am an Estate Auctioneer to boot. As my mom once said "I'm still kicking but not as high!" LOL..


So now I will throw down a challenge to you, my loyal blog readers. IF you are miserable..get out of the kitchen! Today's world is so sophisticated so why not latch onto your star!?


Resolve to be yourselves... follow your dreams...be what you are capable of being... and Good Luck! "Take This Job And Shove It!'  Johnny Paycheck













No comments:

Post a Comment