Tuesday, November 22, 2016

THANKSGIVING DAY NOVEMBER 24, 2016

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU EAT BETWEEN THANKSGIVING DAY AND CHRISTMAS DAY... BUT WHAT YOU EAT BETWEEN CHRISTMAS AND THANKSGIVING DAY THAT COUNTS!


About 300 turkeys were given to Veterans at the Grove Street Shelter today. "Men and women were lining up at 7:00 Am" according to authorities. The Food Pantry gave me a 16.1lbs BUTTERBALL Turkey along with  attendant sweets and vegetables. Sad to say I did not see one veteran from the Brookfields. Somebody isn't doing their job. The Late Ronnie Stackow tipped me off early on of the Grove Street Veteran's Shelter and Food Pantry. Thank you for helping me.


Today, I met Tom Castonguay, formerly of New Braintree. Tom is a very smart veteran and graduate of North Brookfield High School... Tom relates of ridiculous rents in Worcester..($1,200/Month!)


And then there was a delightful teacher..at the Jesuit School in Worcester. The young lady admits to refinishing antique furniture. "We clicked" and I gave her 10 tips on Learning About Antiques. It is very gratifying for me to "pass the baton" to folks that share our interests.Earlier I spoke with 4 of her 8th grade students about November 23, 1963... a terrible day in Dallas, Texas.


So now it's time for a hot tub..9" of soothing water to help my 74 year old body. As good night's rest is in order...Yet, 'I have miles to go before I sleep.' Today's Pageviews.. well over 300! Thank you... and some 35,000 plus so far this year! I feel I am doing something right!



No comments:

Post a Comment