Monday, January 8, 2018

TO THE BRINK & BACK - St. Albans, VT Messeenger 2002

"Friends don't count in fair weather. It is when troubles come that friends count." President Harry Truman.


In order to have a friend you must be a friend.. Anonymous


Once I wrote a letter to Rev. Norman Vincent Peale, the minister who married Trump. Peale's secretary responded " I am saving your letter for Doctor Peale when he returns from his Extended Far East Trip." Not giving it much thought I received a letter and his autograph. I had the key to "picking his lock." FRIENDSHIP! Same with Bush.


All bets are off when you espouse friendship. It is like marriage  for better or worse  well, almost.


Communications has graduated to a new level of chat. The sales of postage stamps are down and electronic mail is beyond profound. What to do? Keep writing.


Mr. Murphy would have a conniption in seeing what slovenly ways English is propounded on Facebook and Twitter. My entire life has been in generating responses.. mostly good.. a few not to good. I always consider the source.


Salty language is the rule in this Age of Instantaneous  talk. I am amused to witness the language of the opposite sex! "Ok. girls." Anger is anger. so it seems.


The best weapon,as I see things is a sense of humor. It cuts through EVERYTHING. 'Piss me off and I'll piss all over you!' LOL.


The Queen's English is dead. do you think "Lizzie" swears? "Oh, shit!"


Robert Louis Potvin
Does Swear
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585


508-867-3360

No comments:

Post a Comment