Tuesday, January 2, 2018

A GOOD DAY OUT WEST

Despite the cold my day was warm. The spectacular solar display really makes me to "think solar." People who live in glass houses are lucky on sun-shinny days. On cloudy days forget it!


My delight with the Salvation Army - Hadley continues...  from acquiring a canary yellow canvas of Le Tour de Eifel "PARIS" to an amazing gilded framed print of three fishies: BALISTES AUREUS..LABRUS AUREO MACULATUS.. BALISTES EYTHROPTERON in spectacular colors of the "fishbow."


Next came two books " Tools of the Astronomer" and "ROGET A TO Z."
The Best of Liberace and Fiddler on The Roof ae entertaining your blogger right now."Sunrise -Sunset," you know. Nothing can be finer as the cold weather endures. 11 degrees right now at 7:30 PM Tuesday 1/2/18.


Mens' 100% wool dress suits are plentiful at the SA - Hadley. I goofed in buying a great business cuit without trying on the pants. "Battle of the Bulge!" Maybe Josh or Ben will be interested? Then there's a gift for Lily who is sporting painted finger nails A new-in-the box of 15 Color Nail Collection from MAX STUDIO.. an early birthday present from POPS.


The Leeds VA is another story. The poor, aging, Vietnam Veterans. Some scooting around in their electric scooters. I refuse to get old. Had a long chat with Roberto Colon in his scooter. 'I am 100%, am getting implants and am looking to buy a house." Roberto gets over $2,900 a month and this Robert gets $360. I would rather my freedom and good health than what Roberto enjoys!?


Getting nowhere fast with the VA. Bureaucratic bullshit. Pardon my French.


Finally, from the LBJ Library in Austin, TX, copies from President Johnson's "Daily Diary!" Dated November 7, 1966 from the LBJ Ranch a minute-by-minute of Mr. President's visit to Cotulla where Johnson taught in 1928 - 1929. This is the real deal I thought  as I peruse the notes. I LOVE IT.
Robert Louis Potvin
Sub-Zero Blogger
WB 01585







No comments:

Post a Comment