Wednesday, January 3, 2018

GRANDMOTHER'S FEATHER BED

5:41 AM 5 DEGREES to Boston 



My trip to Boston proved to be pricey despite "near perfection!"


Taking the MBTA Commuter Rail to South Station, Boston, is always a treat. At $11.00 RT for Seniors, it's is a deal. Many whistle-stops along the way. So what. I love observing everything and every body. It keeps me young. Arriving at the parking garage  at 6:27 AM a glass jar of Cappuccino sufficed until I had breakfast at Susie's, of Course at South station, Boston.


The 'herd of humans' alighting from the aluminum graced rail cars amazed me.. without a walking cane ! I love it. South Station Concierge Kevin Green was hawking his services in style. Kevin introduced me to a Boston cop. "'We had 70 homeless folks seeking refuge from the cold last night!" This 37 year veteran of the Boston police force seemed so discouraged. "If I had to do it over I would not be a cop."


His candor intrigued me. IN AMERICA THERE SHOULD BE NO HOMELESS! He blamed former Governor Mike Dukakis as the Duke closed all mental hospitals, save one, during his administration.


My CHARLIE TICKET  cost me $5.50. This allowed me to take the T anywhere in the City. I bought it at 9:10 AM and was on my merry way to Mass General. Two things; Everybody was bundled up and everybody has a Smart Phone!


 Massachusetts General Hospital is wonderful! The Veterans Administration
After a hiatus of more than a year I was received with open arms to have my blood drawn. Old Faye Rafferty and Madellini treated me like family. Got my blood drawn by the "mother of 4".. Lin wasn't in today. Then I went up to the 10th floor to renew my connections with my "shrink," Dr. Donna Greenberg. No problem. I have an appointment on January 12th at 10:30 AM.  I spoke with Dr. G briefly and in the absence of Ambien she advised "TEYLONOL PM."


Next came a visit to The Paul S. Russell, MD Museum of Medical History and Innovation. A great visit with Bill, a docent, and his cohort. A separate entry on the MGH museum will follow.


"The "Rip-off Of The Day Award" came at Union Station, Worcester. LAZ Parking 9h. 15 m. $12.00 It cost me more to park my Honda than a round-trip ride on the Commuter Rail. "Come Along And Ride This Train!' I DID and loved it!


Arrived home in  time to get my U.S. Mail and make a $400 deposit at Country Bank! 'Bye-Bye NBSB!"


Very truly yours,


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Expert in Many Fields. LOL
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585


508-867-3360  Anytime











  .....

No comments:

Post a Comment