Monday, January 1, 2018

THE TRUTH HURTS

My loving father, Joseph E. espoused 'Everything in moderation, Bob." Dad was a humble soul, extremely talented with his hands and his mind, and was my friend. One of the last social gatherings saw dad notice a few grey hairs on my temple saying "I guess I've done a good job raising you, Bob." He addressed the message to my mentor, Ray Lenti of Southbridge.


Over the years I have learned much from the follies of my clients . "Circumstances don't make the person...they reveal the person." Unfortunately folks have "SQUIRRELED AWAY STUFF FOR A RAINY DAY." Well, I'll tell you...It ain't gonna rain and the longer you retain the "mass productions of the Orient" the more they will have little to no value. FREE is the latest roadside verse. You can call it junk with good reason. I call it debris! Are you compulsive-obsessive?


These frigid moments in our lives are great times to thin out your holdings Today's antique show revealed stuff, say 20 years ago had appeal. Today I wonder? We all crave nostalgia and many fantasy as evidenced by the plethora of home movies. As a discerning connoisseur.. one who works at it.. I notice trends I don't like. But because I, too, am human, I can easily fall prey to abject materialism. SO I pick  Salvation Army to my heart's content. My dollar goes 20 times further than the junk offered at Dollar General. No class!


As my Solar Digital Thermometer approaches Zero, I will pack it in. My buzz word in 2018 will be SALVAGE! Stop buying unnecessary shit. I call a spade a spade.


And yes, it's colder than a witches' tit! OMG. LOL.


Time for beddy-bye.


Brrrobert







No comments:

Post a Comment