Saturday, January 6, 2018

ALWAYS "STAY IN THE SUNSHINE!"

William Shakespeare advice of 400 years ago holds true today "Stay in the sunshine!"


For the past two hours I have been working in my kitchen on the ephemera of Francis T. Lee. I have been pouring over Democratic papers of the fifties and early sixties and loving it. So many names and pictures. Judge Ralph "Squink' Igoe, John "Honey" Murphy" and a slew of Pols from yesteryear.


"Red" Lee of North Brookfield was very, very well connected. He did favors for me and you, perhaps. Red was a local politician of the highest order and great friends of Sen. Phil Quinn. Through the kindness and goodness of Red's daughter, Robin Perron,I am benefactor to an insider's purview of how politics really works.


Perceptions can vary. Fixing tickets is truly a no-brainer. Getting your son out of the Vietnam War is another story. Evidence reveals such a request from a North Brookfield mother's plea. My mother, Rita, said to me 'If you can go to Saint Louis, "YOU CAN SERVE YOUR COUNTRY."


It has been said "politicians are the greatest form of entrepreneurs." I believe this in reviewing all of my Kennedy & Johnson collectibles. The history of American Politics is about creating a certain image, etc. Today, BIG BUCKS seem to rule in the process. I can live with that as I know The truth never fell dead in the streets." Harry Truman!


America and Americans are re-defining our existences. We are ahead of life's curve.... and I love it. My esteemed Jesuit Scholar espoused the need for having a sense of history. I believe I have that. History isn't necessarily living in the past.. it is learning about our future. TIMELINES are a wonderful tool on the Internet.


By taking time on a brutal Saturday in January, living in the present moment will keep your thought process clear and free of worry and depression. Our heliocentric lives give cause to growth. I have three hyacinths sprouting and I anticipate a New Year in style. And yes, a Chuck Eye steak ,10  Alexia  Onion Rings , Allen's Sweet Cider, a nap and a Liberace serenade will keep me in good stead until the sunsets in the West!

No comments:

Post a Comment