Saturday, January 13, 2018

ON HAVING A "16 CYLINDER BRAIN"

My U.S. History professor, William B. Faherty, S.J. had a sixteen cylinder brain. The guy who lived to be 96 had a recall so terrific his book MOONPORT "flies me to the moon." But we all can't have such brains!


Richard B. Johnson is a brain as evidenced by his inventions, his authorship Abominable Firebug and other things. Dad called him a "Brain" and Johnson called the NBHS a Brain Factory!


Now, as I glissade into a new  area of blogging,my Mia has inspired me to look into brain tumors. I recall having an insurance claim involving a claimant sustaining a subdural hematoma 40 years ago! I cannot recall the specifics but I am aware of the medical meaning. It's like you have hit your head and the brain encased in the skull gets black and blue! I also recall having a claim where a pedestrian was hit by a car and the skull left an impression on the front of the roof and of yours truly!


Just now I read about Alex Trebek having an accident to his head in a fall. We wish him well!


  1. By way of my Wikipedia review I note we have 4 lobes encased in our 'bean." The Frontal Lobe
  2. The Parietal lobe
  3. The Temporal lobe
  4. The Occipital lobe
Recalling from my x-ray days, the cranium is one hard bone. Mother used to tell me "YOU HAVE A HARD HEAD!" LOL.


Also, headaches can be a bitch."Headaches as a result of raised intracaranial pressure can be an early symptom of brain cancer. Thomas F. Morgan, MD, is a college friend specializing in Neurology. We have spoken about migraines over the years. Tom deals with "headaches" daily as do all of us.. literally and figuratively. Hangovers can get our brains throbbing! As I don't imbibe in alcohol I do not have any "overhangs" as dad once called them. LOL


I am thrilled in making the acquaintance  of MIA BERTALAN, Clinical Research Coordinator  at the Massachusetts General Hospital Lab.The following names..Priscilla K. Brastianos, M.D., Naema Nayyar  Lab. Manager, Alex Kaplan, Transitional Research Coordinator, Ivanna Bihun, Research Technician, Christopher Alvarez-Breckenridge, M.D./PHD, UGO Chukwueke, M.D.,Neuro-Oncology Fellow, Tareq Jurati, MD., Neurosurgery Post-Doctoral Fellow, Franziska Ippen, MD Neuro-Oncology Fellow, Michael Young, M.D. Post-Doctoral Resident, Matthew Strickland, M.D. Post-Doctoral Resident, Juan Carlos Martinez-Guitierrez, M.D., Post Doctoral Resident,Brandyn Castro, M.D., Post-Doctoral Resident, and Others make up Massachusetts General's best, brightest and most beautiful!


WHAT THRILLS ME THE MOST IS THE YOUTH AND OPTIMISM AND DEDICATION IN HELPING HUMANITY! It is most reassuring to know our futures are filled with their dedications and devotions!


I salute you. Keep up the good work for you all seem to have "16 Cylinder spirits."


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
 A Blogger who works at life at age 75 & 155 days
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585


508-867-3360






No comments:

Post a Comment