Friday, January 26, 2018

SAY HI TO MY HYACINTHS

My three TotalGreen Holland hyacinths bring me a new idea on life. I bought these bulbs at Hannaford a month ago or more with the hopes of enjoying their redolence in due time. If anything I'm learning more about botany than I ever expected!


My white hyacinth sprouted its first flower an hour ago. The entire glass kit and box cost me $5.99 The string roots may number in the hundreds and the best is yet to come.


When you see life in a bulb you see the message of life. Amazing. A close sniff reveals nature's perfume. I can just imagine when a "full bloom" will smell like in a week or so. The other tow bulbs are "late bloomers."


How lucky we are to have Mother Nature instructing us on this cold January night!


"The only evidence of life is growth."


Yours truly,


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Horticulturist LOL
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585


508-867-3360

No comments:

Post a Comment