Friday, January 19, 2018

BOB POTVIN ON OBESITY

My commanding officer in Vietnam in 1967, Doctor Thomas Hudson Moss, Jr. was disgusted with "fat old ladies." I can't imagine how he would feel about things today? Junk food prevail. "WE ARE WHAT WE EAT AND DRINK!" I just look at the shelves at Hannaford Brothers. Amazing. Then I look at the carriages in amazement


Blame and alibis prevail in some cases. Complications in cardiovascular diseases, type 2 diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea, certain types of cancer, osteoarthritis, depression can be caused by excessive food, lack of exercise, etc. The bottom line to this will be reduced life expectancy! Wikipedia spells this epidemic of obesity all out.


While I am far from being perfect I monitor my "human condition" daily.zI am not a "food fanatic: I am hp. I try to read all labels looking at "sugars." Yes, I cheat once in a while. Who doesn't. I live an active life.. dout and about every day. I try to eat breakfast be it a donut or All-In-One Cereal. Buttered popcorn has been my latest craze. I love Non Fat milk. LL IN ll my numbers ae respectable.


I say 'Eat, drink, smoke and be merry and the Grim Reaper may have your address before mine! Dad always said, "Bob, everything in moderation." Well, I am nor a "moderate" I am a limousine liberal." Somebody must take care of the Poor.'Trump sure and hell won't!


What are your weight-loss goals for 2018? I dare you to reduce your "fat." The connotation of "being fat" is far reaching. I have a few fat friends, you know. Then there are other$ who are fat.!


"Fats" Potvin
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585















No comments:

Post a Comment