Thursday, January 18, 2018

ANOTHER TRIP TO THE CAPE!

Another trip to Cape Cod? I say "why not?" and I did. I left at 9:03 AM and returned by 5:03 PM. The interstates from Sturbridge to the bridges were dry. The traffic, light to moderate. My rules of the road ae to drive an a hour then take a break. I did just that in Milford, eating at a Burger King..waffles and a sausage patty and a white milk.


Today my destination was the Cape Cod Visitor Center in Eastham, a familiar place indeed. Andy and Liz Stevens and "Day" and Kay built homes in Eastham back in the late 50's. My dad contributed to both houses with his hammer and saw. I recall the steep stairs to the beach which I'm told are history. The pounding winter surfs  have won the battles over the years.


My visit at CCNS was friendly. A docent by the name of "Herb" quickly befriended each other with Herb's interests in antique clocks. Over the decades both of us have enjoyed horology as a hobby/in vestment along with pocket watches. enough said.


 A group of school kids came charging in with teacher.Need.Academy Partner Program with Cape Cod National Seashore invites 5th grade science in "the wilderness." I think the program sounds great and hits close to home with my 5 grandkids!


All along the way I welcomed RAY CONNIFF. "Seasons in the Sun" chimed a millions of times. No FAKE news for Old Bob!


Once again I showed myself how adept I am behind the wheel. Competitive driving of 313 miles, RT, without a hitch or a flat is truly  commendable. Maydbe in the early Spring I'll return to COOKE'S SEAFOOD of ORLEANS?


A very good January day, indeed!


Happy Motoring!


Sincerely,


ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
Box  11
West Brookfield, MA 01585


508-867-3360 Anytime

No comments:

Post a Comment