Sunday, January 7, 2018

PAT BOONE

On my marriage day of April 19, 1969. the band played on featuring Pat Boone's song of "APRIL LOVE." In April of 1998 it would be appropriately be called "GOODBYE APRIL."


Today I grabbed a book at Hannaford's entitled "The Honeymoon is Over" by Pat and Shirley Boone!  I figured it would be worth the two bucks instead of a trashy tabloid for $6.00. I was right.


PAt Boone has had one of the longest run in fame and fortune. His "Love Letters in the Sand" and following Dina Shore in his Chevrolet makes for good memories. Few realize daughter Debbie and Nancy are the only two daughters of famous dads: Frank & Pat. I saw Nancy singing "These Boots Ate Made for Walking" while in Vietnam in 1967!


Debbie Boon "Lit Up My Life" with her famous hit around 1977. A priest in Windsor, CT had trouble understanding Debbie's message. Not me.


Pat Boone copped song titles from The Fat Man and LITTLE RICHARD. CAN YOU NAME THEM? Fruiti-Tooti..and Ain't That a Shame.


Boone's signature was white bucks and boy has he raked in the bucks over the decades! Millions and millions and millions. His clean-cut image makes him plausible in his old age.


Pat Boon licked the heels of Elvis who lives today in my Video Library. YouTube will suffice for PAT. and he was no relationto Daniel Boone or Bob Boone or Baboon!


That's All Folks!


B-O-B  spelled backwards and forwards.








No comments:

Post a Comment