Wednesday, January 24, 2018

BACK IN BUSINESS, TODAY, WEDNESDAY!

Sometimes it's good to get away from it all for several days. Such was the case with yours truly. First, I had a "hostile-takeover" from some clown across the Pacific.This activity prompted me to pull the plug and head for Staples/Sturbridge! Mt computer sage, Roland "changed my oil and greased the windmills of my mind. Now I'm whole again and raring to blog.


Sunday saw me head west to John B. O'Sullivan's home in Springfield. We had planned on going to Windsor, CT, to the Antique Radio Museum. But John had a more pressing issue: A Monday hearing in Boston at the Federal Building with the Veterans Administration scheduled at 10:00 AM. As I am a Uber driver in my own rite, things came into focus.


As we mulled over options from taking the Commuter Rail in from Worcester to South Station a solution surfaced. I suggested driving into Downtown Boston on Sunday, getting a room or two in the general neighborhood and taking in the scenes and dining at the Oyster House. "Johnny" said 'Book it' and that I did.


I remembered the Parker House Hotel from days gone by. Further, I have the aplomb to maneuver anywhere in Boston be it behind the wheel or taking the "T"... 'All systems say go.' e took John's red Toyota RAV-4 and left my Honda in Springfield. Yes, I left my sun-roof open and unlocked inviting thieved.


We checked in around 4:45 PM and walked to the restaurant, the oldest in America. c. 1828. Everyone was mesmerized with the Patriot's football game. I say "it is the new religion" in New England and the world. We enjoyed a cup of New England Clam chowder with Westminister-type Crackers. and LAZY MAN'S LOBSTER and a Coke.


After dining we had the Parker House to ourselves. Back to the room we retired early to our own adjoin


ing quarters.



No comments:

Post a Comment