Tuesday, January 2, 2018

MY DEFEATING THE EXTREME COLD

  • You CAN be reasonably comfortably comfortable by waging your own "Tet Offensive!
  • The most important thing, as I see it, will be your "attitudes in endurance." Mother once said "There's no endurance like the man who sells insurance!" I was selling Memberships for BJs at the time 2002.
  • Embrace wool & cotton clothing 24/7. Right now I sport underwear (reasonably soiled,) LOL.A 100% cotton Field & Stream shirt, a grey neck scarf, A Harris Tweed 100% wool blazer, grey flannel wool trousers, mismatched socks, a New Zealand sheepskin hat, and yes, I wear gloves!
  • I never watch television or the Weather channel
    ; I am listening to Apple Country Radio from Brookfield  98.1 FM!
  • I keep my system of life fueled: Juice, fiber cereal, a banana, 1/2 a Table Talk Blue Berry Pie and will next drive to Country Corner for a Hazel Nut coffee and the latest chat.
  • I will head West today to the VA in Northampton and visit my salvation, the Salvation Army in Hadley. My $600 in Aetna and VA pensions will keep me afloat.
  • Don't wash your automobile. I did yesterday in NB and now I have a nice layer of ice!
  • This week will be a bitch, weatherwise, and maybe otherwise?
  • If you think we have it bad just think what it was like in 1660 atop Foster Hill! Family of 5..all slept in the same bed under buffalo hides, quilts and stone bed warmers. Then, gradually man advanced with betterments i.e Hard Cider, a Rumford fireplace, kerosene this and kerosene that. Electricity didn't arrive until about 1913 and later. No SmartPhones back then. And yes, they lived and loved, fashioned the ubiquitous stone walls and so on.They counted their sheep and we should count our blessings.
  • Winter is here in all it's vengeance. In February it'll warm up and SNOW.
  • Chin up, my friends!
THE WORD IS WOOL! Baa  Baa Baa black sheep.....
RLP

No comments:

Post a Comment