Monday, January 1, 2018

MY NEW YEAR'S MONDAY 2018 IN HI-DEF!

Having gone to bed with all of my wool clothes on, I slept like a baby: awake every two hours! LOL.


This dastardly cold snap will not get me down. Why? Because I have adjusted my attitude to that of January. My first order of business was to get my coffee at Country Corner and get "low readings" from friends. Young Salem came in at -7. I was -2.


Then to Long Hill for a sunrise. Old Sol checked in about 7:17. AM. Nice. Then to Sturbridge for the antiques show. Nice, again. I hit pay dirt right away buying 'ELVIS, ALOHA FROM HAWAII via SATELLITE. I told the dealer "it made my day!."


My perceptions of the market place of antiques and collectibles revealed "dealer inventories are high." As the saying goes "people vote their wallet" doesn't necessarily tell of the bottom line. As I later told SonJosh "there really is no market, per se, in "stuff." An agreement of parties.


At 11:00 a.m. SHARP PBS brought me right into the Vienna concert hall. The William Tell Overture (The Lone Ranger's theme) really got me going. After a slew of Straus waltzes I anticipated the Radzeky March. Little Lisa Mullins prempted my fav by truncating it. Pissed me off. MAybe, just maybe, it will be shown on TV?


Next came Hannaford in NB. Once again Son Josh and Heidi gave me a gift card.. "Food For January." I stocked up big time. Six cans of Habitant Pea Soup but of course I'm a FROG.4 units of B & M Baked Beans,Newman's Hot Salsa, Fiber One, Oyster Crackers, Stoned Wheat Thins and a can of ROCK STAR ENERY  for JBP.  A few other items. totaling $64.56. Old Chuck Eye Steak 2 pieces for $5.21!


Then it was to Birch Hill to see my family. They had returned from Gloucester earlier. Lily and Maddie and Evie were playing with the electronic cash register. I approve of this as the girls are learning randomly about the real world.


Then I asked Lily to "command" Alexa to play 'The Auctioneer Song!" As Leroy Van Dyke sang I MIMMICKED the lyrics. Mt grandchildren were in disbelief. Heidi and Josh smiled meaning they approved of POPS entertainment. Lol.


Now comes the interesting part of my day. In anticipation of The Super Moon I returned to Long Hill. Knowing where my sunrise was peeking in the Southeastern horizon I couldn't have been off by more if I were blindfolded When the appointed minute arrived "I was looking for love in all the wrong places!"


Finally, I looked Northeast and saw a sliver of salmon-colored moon! Within minutes this gigantic Full Moon appeared. "A Miracle on Fifth Avenue." I thought of President Kennedy's speech at Rice University ' WE CHOOSE TO GO TO THE MOON IN THIS DECADE and do the  other things. NOT BECAUSE THEY WILL BE EASY BUT BECAUSE THEY WILL BE HARD!" Such inspiring words by our Fallen Leader.


The whole week will be brutal, weather wise." Currently it is 8.2 degrees Fahrenheit. Time for some Pea Soup and Oyster Crackers!


How was your New YEAR'S DAY?


BOB POTVIN

No comments:

Post a Comment