Thursday, January 25, 2018

THE MASSIVE PACIFIC OCEAN

Any war machine at any time pits the good guys versus the bad. Last night I devoured another documentary "War in the Pacific." Having flown over the pacific, to and fro, I have a certain  sensitivity to both to the ocean and war. Battle ships are monstrous. I never desired to be on any kind of ship.


Because I have a definite affection for all Australians and that I've been there Down Under three times last night's movie was very meaningful. In particular was the feature of the Japanese invasion in Darwin. I now know much more about story that goes with Darwin. I refueled in Darwin one October day, 1967!


The footage of WWII are very revealing. The Runtime is over 10 hours. Places like the Marshall Islands, The Philippines, the Solomon Isdlands, New Guinea, Guadalcanal, China, India, Burma, Okinawa  and others. This film features "combat camera men."


Heroism  and bravery are revealed as is the genius and architects of war, itself. Think of it.. THE ENTIRE WORLD WAS AT WAR!I was just a baby boy in cloth diapers yet WWII came into my crib. Dad fashioned pine airplanes as mobiles above my waking body.


Everything about war meant prosperity. Tanks, gun, ammunitions and planes were boilerplate. Dad made shoes for Russian soldiers! Uncles Albert, Fred, John, Franny and others were away. V-Mail Services brought reduced-in-size letters from the from soldiers and sailors from around the world.


War means progress, I guess,  from the beginning of time. and learning about WWII enhances my understanding of world history. I submit my readership join in.. Live, learn, laugh cry.


Robert L. Potvin
Soldier
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585


508-867-3360 Anytime

No comments:

Post a Comment