Friday, January 5, 2018

NEW WAYS OF ENDURING THE BLOODY COLD WEATHER

  • Think! 'Self-talk: I may not like what I'm facing with the cold but I'm getting through the next hour in style.
  • Add more blankets to your bed
  • Wear leather gloves
  • Wear a scarf all day and night long
  • Forget the news & weather; SO WHAT!
  • Keep busy in the confines of your home
  • Close-off rooms but don't if you have forced hot water heat. I did in 1981 and a pipe froze splitting the copper tubing
  • Don't push your wood stove; I did and gave cause to almost annihilating my entire family by fire.
  • Don't vacuum ashes from your fireplace they may be LIVE. I did and acted fast to remove the smoking canister from my Birch Hill Dream House.
 Extreme cold weather brings out extreme behavior, or so it seems. "Keep Cool and Keep Coolidge." Spring is one hell of a  way distant." Winter...love it or leave it"


P.S. 'The happy busy bee!'  WINTER-ON


Robert Louis Potvin
Blogger
Survivor
Stouthearted
Pertinacious
Wise









No comments:

Post a Comment