Saturday, September 1, 2018

TO DOWNTOWN BOSTON AND BACK

After delivering my two Stetsons to the "Hat Doctor" at the Spencer Fair I picked up my dry cleaning and headed for Boston! My goal was "to Bromfield Camera and back!" It worked! Because I am adept in the ways of Boston traffic I zeroed into my destination without much adoo. Downtown Boston was humming! Tourists flooded the streets.. folks from four corners of the earth. I LOVE BOSTON!

I gambled and went into a ritzy parking garage end employed Valet Parking. Gotta do what you gotta do! I delighted in observing all of humankind as I reached my destination on Bromfield Street. This territory is known to me.

My NIKON problems were minimal. My focus is as clear as a bell now. I did buy a Canon USB adaptor now I must relearn on how to download my pictures. DUMMIE! I also stepped into Bromfield Pen Shop. The best in Boston.

I hustled down Washington Street and was elated to read my parking charges:$5.00 plus valet charges of $5.00. My mission was accomplished in record time.. so IF YOU EVER NEED A LIFT TO BOSTON.. I CAN HELP!

Traffic jams on the MASSPIKE were horrendous. I happened to be traveling in the opposite lanes of travel. LOL.

Another highlight of my 140 mile round trip was a tankful of cheap gasoline in Southbridge Over 17 gallons at 2.699. On the pike it is $3.13 per gallon. I essentially paid for my trip by using my bean!

Tag Sales were everywhere this holiday Saturday. I made a major purchase of children's books (over 100) with my grandkids in mind. The choice will be theirs. I plan on sending a few to "Carolina" to my favorite little blonde: Savannah.

As for my Scratch ticket frenzy. I get cold feet when I get attracted to such insanity!  "The Commonwealth wins; we lose!"

Looks like a trip to Springfield tomorrow speaking of gambling. LOL.

Now it's R&R time from Chicago.

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
A HAPPY CAMPER
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01585
Dale Robertson  Note hat!





Illegal  7 digits do not exist!




No comments:

Post a Comment