Tuesday, September 18, 2018

MEYODYSPLASIA I WAS STRICKEN IN 2003

While living in Northern Vermont in the Spring of '03 I was stricken with a rare blood disease. A bone marrow biopsy was performed by "Drilling" in my iliac crest - twice. Twenty eight transfusions later I was relocated to the Chelsea Soldiers Home where I lived until the end of 2005.Outpatient treatment continued to the Fall of '03. Then one day SonJosh came and visited me saying you're going back to the Brookfields! I returned in November of 2005. I lived in East Brookfield for about 9 months. Paul Langevin invited me to live at the Big Red Barn Complex at 206 Main Street, NB. I did for a year. Then the gold market made a recovery and I had an epiphany! My "Gold Wanted" sign went up and I was in business - again.

My life was transformed from being sick to having a  Raison d'etre From then through 2014 about life was good. I traded in gold silver. old coins, stamps, in particular,
My Favorite!

Dr. Grace's Jeepster and Johnson's Cessna at Hiller Airport

traveling to Worcester and Boston in my white Cadillac Allante' and S-10 which I bought with my $10,000 inheritance! I even traveled to Charlotte, NC to NASCAR races while visiting SonBen! Buddy Lane sponsored a trip to Cincinnati to make a presentation on the Bell Hill Observatory!!! I drove to Niagara Falls down to Ohio.

All along the way, Bimal Dey, MD of Mass General fame, a hematologist, monitored my blood profile regularly. Then,

Ben at the Speedway -Charlotte
My favorite Cadillac
 
First Issue of ON THE COMMON!
Blooging began on March 3, 2007
 
 
about 2013 I had a relapse. I was hospitalized for a week, the good doctors tweaked me with chemicals and I recovered, again!

To be continued.

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
SURVIVOR
Box 11,
West Brookfield, MA








 

No comments:

Post a Comment