Sunday, September 30, 2018

MY BOSTON RED SOX WEEKEND

To Boston 3 times in three days and I luv it! Just got in from Union Station.. my new mode of travel for a Hub of an experience. I love greeting people from all over America, Canada and the world. People Watching if you may.  I think being nice to people pays off as they'll be nice to you!

Today, I was the first human on the grounds of Fenway University. My commuter-rail ride from Worcester was at sunrise. On a Sunday morning at that hour even the skunks are sleeping! LOL. As I walked towards La Fens two New Yorkers from Ithaca were well received by yours truly. "Where you from" is usually my entre' in braking the ice. Kathleen and her lover smiled when I gave some visitor tips. I know Boston well and enjoy sharing my insights.

Being October 1st tomorrow and having arch rivals (Yankees) play on the fields of Fenway, October will zip by so fast because as Major League Baseball will take over the scene. The world will be in attendance at the Park!

But here's the rub: John Henry's Green Monster is not that but it's The Greed Monster! Scandalous prices fall the way of PT Barnum's adage" There's a SUCKER born every minute. Say what you want.. Old Bob knows the score and will be in the ring beginning on Friday night!

My three day photography war was awesome. One Colorado photographer reviewed my work and gave me an A+. RAE MARIE PHOTOGRAPHY. Rae's business card too is A+. "Inspired imagery for the perfectly imperfect"

I had the best seat in the house.... old grandstand seats are like park benches on Yawkey Way. As people walk by I hit them with a wink and a smile. Many visitors to Boston sign up for the $20 tour. Son Ben and I took it 20 years ago for half the price!

My new Fenway Contact is the "Peanut and Cashew Man." If you've ever been to Fenway you know where I mean. There's a mutual respect between the two of us, and he is a an accomplished street vendor. "Peanuts, Cachews and more. Nicky's Da Man!

The crowed swelled slowly. The Scalpers were yelling and screaming  "Tickets.". have any to sell? "Buying tickets" My peanut man told me "they tear up the unsold ones!"******

Lady Luck shone on me after game time of 3:00 PM. I purchased a grandstand ticked for ten bucks way out in right field. I'm finding walking up  the cement stairs is tough. I remained at the seat briefly then decided to take a Cab to South Station. A big cab fare ensued because of school starting. So what! Boston visitors and SOX FANS!

The hour is late and I'm bushed so I'll see you in October..


ROBERT L
A true baseball Fanatic
The Brookfields
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 






No comments:

Post a Comment