Thursday, September 13, 2018

PENNANT FEVER IN BOSTON 2018

When I was serving in Vietnam in the Fall of 1967 Armed Forces Radio carried the banner : PANDEMONIUM IN BOSTON! I was 10,000 miles away and had to listen to the World Series beginning at 1:00 AM.It was fun g=hearing Curt Gowdy give the play-by-play across the Pacific.

The St. Louis Cardinals won! Then and there I vowed I WILL ATTEND THE WORLD SERIES IN PERSON IN 1968. I did.. In St Louis!
Consolidated Beverages in Auburn obtained WS tickets  for me through Arthur Pappas owner of the Derby Bar and Grill in Worcester.

But that isn't the end of my World Series exploits nor the beginning. In 1964 I got a job as a Runner  for the Associated Press! Then, in 1987 my boys and I did three games at Bush Stadium, St. Louis.

Nothing is more exciting in this world than to have tickets and go to a Game. We did it again in Atlanta in 1992 and Toronto in 1993. My "baseball travels" are an important part of my life. Just now Chase tells me "I went to the game last night with the WAZs. Good.

You don't want to be a holdout in life but be an ALL OUT!

So now, as the season winds down to a precious few contests the best will be with the New York Yankees!

GET EXCITED, RED SOX FANS!

But remember It's Only A Game!

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
BASEBALL FAN
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 01535

No comments:

Post a Comment