Sunday, September 9, 2018

WHAT SOME YOUNG ADULTS NEED

I see it all the time! Wandering young adults without any direction. Sure, college-bound  types have direction and a purpose but what about "Skate Board Harry?" Is he lost? I think so.

A stint in the military beckons men and some women to "grow up." Physical training in uniform is not forgotten.. at least not for yours truly.
A military commitment may blossom into a career.. who knows. Specialty training after Basic Training may be found in a myriad of disciplines. Uncle Sam tests you for your strengths and weaknesses.

And the truth of the matter is Uncle Sam not only wants you but needs you.

It is my pleasure to chat with parents of sons are serving. It is a proud moment.

Military life in this day and age can be very sophisticated. In 1933 FDR saw to it to recruit the young men I refer to.  Building character is what it's all about as I see it.

Maybe some families can nudge their sons to enlist? The book This New America  by A.C. Oliver Jr and Harold M. Dudley recount the virtues of the CCC Camps. Check it out!

Fifty 2 years later my "Army days" are an important memory for me.

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
E-5 Radiographer
Box 11
West Brookfield, MA 0185
The prelude to WWII

No comments:

Post a Comment