Friday, September 28, 2018

BASEBALL MEMORIES LIVE FROM VIETNAM 1967

5 October, 1967 1:30 AM
VUNG TAU

It's early Thursday morning  here as I listen to the first game of the 1967 World Series. The game is being broadcast live and a loyal Red Sox I am. It doesn't seem real to listen a game being played the day before in Boston!

It is the last of the third and Boston is struggling- The Cards are strong - you can't deny that, but by the sound of the crowd, Boston is giving it the old college try. Let's hope for a few breaks and a few runs!



Received Orders for R&R to Sydney, Australia on the23rd this month. pm.Will fly to Saigon on the 22 and depart from Tan Son Nhut airfield
at 3:45 PM on Monday for Sydney.I should be gone until the 30th or 31st,

Santiago just hit a home run - what kind of a baseball is Boston? Then YAZ
fired in  the ball to get the out at home plate

It is going to be long day tomorrow and I don't imagine the game will be over much before 3:30 am or so.  I'll just go to bed early tomorrow night and get up for the second game - - providing the Sox win this one-

At any rate all well with me and I:m looking forward to my trip in 18 days. -

Love, Bob.

P.S. George Scott just doubled - guess that makes you happy Dad?





No comments:

Post a Comment