Monday, September 24, 2018

ON TOP OF THE WORLD

Ten years after I graduated from Saint Louis I wrote to Rosario Mazza, SJ. who was studying in somewhere in Europe. I crafted a short letter to him. He wrote back immediately and sent me a profound message: "Stay good, Bob. Do not strive to be top dog. People are experiencing incompatible marriages and living far beyond their means...." I kept this letter for 25 years until divorce in 1998.

Father Mazza was my friend. .and little cuckoo. He once told me about being away from his home in Colorado for ten years. "As I rode across Missouri and Kansas the lofty Rocky\ Mountains came into view. I cried like a baby when I realized I was returning."

Funny thing is, I TOO CRIED LIKE A BABY as I flew over the State of Ohio on the last leg of my journey from Vietnam.. As the February sun peeked out of the horizon I realized I was a "Coming Home Soldier as Bobby Vinton sings.

Yes, life delivers much happiness and, perhaps sadness. Are you on top of your world or are you chasing rainbows or are you content with your life?

Ben and Josh and my 5 grandkids are truly my delight! I have two nurses as my daughter-in-laws -Heidi and Allison POTVIN! How lucky can this old man be? 'Age is only a matter of mind..if you don't mind it doesn't matter." Mark Twain.

If your ships are heading in the wrong directions, grab your rudders and grab life "STAY GOOD!"
Robert E. Bosken, SJ

William B Faherty, S.J.

LBJ & his AMPHIBIOUS CAR
like the kind I drove across
the Mississippi in the Spring
of 1963

Frankie Tencza my passanger and college friend




No comments:

Post a Comment