Tuesday, September 25, 2018

QUIT SMOKING TODAY!

Tobacco and money have always gone hand-in-hand!

John Rolfe of Virginia is credited in raising tobacco and selling it to England over 400 years ago. As I approach my 50th Anniversary of being smoke free I share with you some wisdom about my half century of saving money by not smoking. When I quit cigs were 55 cents a pack Today a sawbuck will fetch 20 sticks of cancer. The Surgeon General's dictate of 1964 really didn't quell the addiction smokers have.

My family history with the men.. invariably all succumbed to tobacco. Mother's notes reveal Great grandfather JOSEPH POULIN "Lived and trapped with the Indians around Lake Superior until he was 14. Emigrating to North Brookfield my great grandfather was" a railroad night watchman and pipe smoker. He died of cancer of the tongue."

Uncle Albert Poulin admitted of "smoking 4 packs of Camels a day for 50 years and died a horrific death of lung cancer in 1983. I was with Uncle AL all the way from diagnosis by Dr. John Petter to Al's last breath at age 64.
Albert was a gambler and like a muddy track!

My father and grandfather Potvin smoked and both died of strokes.Their wives lived past age 90. That tells me something: If you smoke and are addicted or whatever you are killing yourselves prematurely .. and your loved ones! Other peoples smoke is just as bad in the long run!

Having quit the weeds at 3:00 PM on October 7, 1968 and never having another cigarette since then  I am of opine that governments and big tobacco carry all responsibilities of smoker's lugubrious deaths in America. I see friends with oxygen tanks and wrinkled faces and souls. The ads on Tv make me puke!

Inflation has skyrocket a pack of cigarettes  and has made stockholders rich.
Today's usurious prices across the board at $10 a day is $3,640 a year X 50 years  $182,000. Forget winning the Lottery! I have won by not smoking!

My willpower and determination pays me 100 fold each day. I see it every morning at Country Corner.

When Ben and Josh were teenagers I posted my offer with a $100 bill. Having not smoked by age 16 both sons collected their rewards from Dad.

Alibis and excused don't get it with me!

YOU CAN QUIT IF YOU THINK YOU CAN QUIT. NO RECIVITISM CRAP! TRY!

ALLOW LADY WILLPOWER to come into your brain and soul! I did.

ROBERT LOUIS POTVIN
A MAN WITH A PLAN THAT WORKED.
KISSING A SMOKER IS LIKE KISSING AN ASHTRAY!




No comments:

Post a Comment